Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chilton Auto Library Research

Now, I don't know very few people who can afford to by a vehicle that would have less than 30,000 miles on it. If you do, congrats. But this site - Chilton Auto Repair @ the State Library website. When I looked up my vehicle, a 2003 Yukon (which I love to drive to haul children, items to cater, books, cookies, Girl Scouts or once in a while to pull my trailer), I found that at 30,000 miles - I didn't really find a table that showed this so I picked the closest at 25,000 miles: cooling system and hoses clamps need to be inspected; exhaust system and heat sheilds & fuel system. I bought my vehicle when it had 100,000 miles and now I'm at 160,000 miles with just a u-joint replaced. I have my local service repair person change the oil and check everything every 3,000 miles. It's my only vehicle to use out-of-town to referee ball games so I need to rely on it 100%. Yes, maybe I need something a little more efficient on fuel, but feeling safe out in the west rural area is very important! This can be a great site for those who want to see about their own wear and tear on their vehicle or if they are looking to buy a different one. I can also see students who enjoy working on vehicles may research this source. As I work on this course, I may need to PR these sites more to my patrons and will work on a newspaper article for my local paper. Maybe more people will come to the library and take a look at the sites provided by the State Library.

1 comment:

  1. The miles add up very quickly in rural South Dakota! You have some great ideas for using ChiltonLibrary and your promo suggestions sound great. Thanks for the post -Julie

    ReplyDelete