Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ancestry Library/Heritage Quest/Sanborn Maps

Our task this week is to look up info on Ancestry Library.  First I need to find my name, there was 220 results. There was only one that was me on the first page.  Second, we are to find a grandparent.  I did find some info that did match and the it was neat to see his name on the census with his signature.  The third task, we are to look in pictures and South Dakota - the results is many, many, yearbooks. I placed my name and 305 results were found, but none were accurate because I lived my first 30 plus years in another state.

Heritage Quest - I looked on Persi archives South Carolina, Civil War and Cemeteries and 43 items were found.

Sandborn Maps is a really fun historical site that you can find maps about towns like Sturgis in the past on Oct. 1885.  Its interesting to see how towns have grown and developed.  This site shows a birds eye-view of towns and the streets; then how the town develops over the years.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting search results. Glad you were able to find some info! Julie

    ReplyDelete