Thursday, March 6, 2014

World CAT

We use World CAT many times to help patrons find information or resources.  If I can't find a specific resources on my shelf, I resort to this site.  It's advanced and the site show many resources in different formats.  Our task this week is to find - Snowmobile Racing  in advanced search then phrase search which was more specific. Phrases such as snowmobiling fatality report or many articles on the racing event in the Black Hills.  I choose to look at the fatality one first - the resource is from Wisconsin and the info is not as a current as I hoped to find.  The next resource I chose was the snowmobiling event in the Black Hills.  I found out that a Bombardier is a manufacturer of Ski-Doo Snowmobiles.  The author is Jerry Sanders and there is only one library that has this resource and only one resource listed and is from the State Library.

Within World Cat is a drop down box to find other databases within this database.  I looked up on a database called OAIster info on Motorcycle Racing.  There were 259 resources found.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting search and results. As you pointed out, WorldCat can put a lot of information at your fingertips!
    Thanks for your post!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete