Wednesday, February 5, 2014

SIRS Researcher

I have always liked this resource and have my students in library skills classes use this to find current events and other information. For the class, that I'm currently taking; we are to look up an animal in SIRS Researcher. The info that I found was information about Dogs. There were many articles found so I decided that I needed to be more specific so I chose a specific breed: Border Collie. That topic still gave me plenty of articles to read. The second question that we are to answer is: Country Facts, Maps of the World and Database Features which are tools found on this database. The Country Facts is spilt into three categories: 1.By Country; 2. By State & 3. Canada Facts. When I click on Maps of the World, there are over 3000 maps that are detailed, can be printed and used like an almanac. What I feel is really great about SIRS Researcher is that I don't have to spend extra funds for our library to have current info for everyone to use and inventory it. This database has it all!

1 comment:

  1. SIRS is an amazing resource for all the reasons you mention. Thanks for the good review.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete